Friday, December 25, 2009 |

It's funny how easily people manage to drift from things, like friendships, fads, etc. etc. I know this is clearly nothing new to anyone, but I just find it fascinating how it affects us. I mean, if half the things happened to me a year ago as to what's happened in the last six months, I would've handled it a lot differently than I do now. But now I just don't even care. In fact, now I'm just kinda grateful. I'm happy I'm no longer subjected to having to make all the effort to stay in touch with someone who's clearly a dead-end friend. I'm happy I don't get invited to parties that I used to go to all the time in high school where I hated half the people there, but felt obliged to go. Actually, I'm happy I don't really feel obliged to go to anything anymore. I'm honestly just incredibly grateful for the fact that life has shown me what is, and who are, important in my life. It's made me grow and learn a lot about myself. I'm not sure if the indifference is something I should be worried about or pleased with, but the latter is how I am now, and I'm okay with it. I think this is one of the only times I've ever felt sure about something...and it's probably the first time I've ever felt sure about myself. I'm happy where I am, and with the people I talk to and still hold friendships with, and with the things I like and have learned to like, and the things I don't like so much. This is all okay to me. And frankly, as most of you know, this is a complete turn around from where I was last year. I don't appreciate life more, per say. I've just more or less accepted it.
I know this isn't a holly jolly Christmas-y entry, but I don't care (which I seem to say a lot this entry!). Something about Christmas makes people always tell others how important they are for them, and how grateful they are to have them, and all that jazz. I never really understood it, and I don't think I ever will, but I experience it as well. I think it's just in human nature, especially since it's all about giving and Jesus' birthday (for some, which therefore means thinking about him and how great he is and everything he stands for) and the end of the year quickly approaching. So I just wanted to let it all out.
That's about all I had to say. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, and an excellent time off of whatever it is they're doing. I don't know about you, but now I finally have time to get shit done. Woooo! Bye!

0 comments: